Tuesday 14 April 2015

Jesus The Joy Giver (Pastor John Kayode Abiodun) 14-04-2015

MY SERMON NOTES
NDIC/DMO Chapel
Central Business District
Garki, Abuja - Nigeria
14th April, 2015
 
SERMON
* Speaker: Pastor John Kayode Abiodun
* Topic: Jesus The Joy-Giver
* Text: Psalm 16:11 "You cause me to know the path of life;
in your presence is joyful abundance,
at your right hand there are pleasures forever." (ISV)

Conditions for getting joy (con't.)
 
NOTE: Behind every promise that God makes, there is a condition to fulfil:

1. Salvation of our souls

2. Winning Souls for Christ

3. Baptism of the Holy Spirit
→ The power of God that Comes upon a man to vest Him with Supernatural power to do the needful

4. Dwelling in His Presence
Psalm 84:10 →"For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness."

Psalm 27:4-6 → "One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple. For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock. And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the LORD."

* Those who always dwells in the presence of God will always praise God

* NOTE: The presence of God is not necessarily a physical location
→ God is omnipresent


* God's presence brings His joy

* As a Christian, any where you go, God's presence goes with you

* When you live a consistent holy life, God's presence will dwell with you

* Holiness attracts God's presence

* The presence of God comes when you consistently live a life of praise and worship

* Enoch walked with God (Genesis 5:24)

Acts 16
* when you do not carry or live in God's presence, you will continually live a life of struggle and bondage

* When you praise God, you give honour to Him for who He is

* When you worship and thank God, you honour Him for what He has done

*NOTE: You may not see Him physically, but you will experience His peace and joy

* The presence of God is where His glory is

Prayer:
" Father, help me to always
dwell in your presence
all the days of my life."

No comments:

Post a Comment