Monday 13 April 2015

Jesus The Joy-Giver (Pastor John Kayode Abiodun) 13-04-2-14

MY SERMON NOTES
NDIC/DMO Chapel
Central Business District
Abuja - Nigeria
13th April, 2015
 
SERMON
* Speaker: Pastor John Kayode Abiodun
* Topic: Jesus The Joy-Giver
* Text: Psalm 16:11 → "You make known to me the path of life;
in your presence there is fullness of joy;
at your right hand are pleasures forevermore." 
(English Standard Version)

Conditions for getting joy (cont.')
3. Dwelling in His Presence
Psalm 16:11
Matthew 11:28

* What does it mean to dwell in the presence of the Lord?
2nd Samuel 6:11

* As you dwell in the Presence of God, your story will change

* Psalm 84:10"Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked."

* If you are not in the presence of God, you are in the tents of wickedness

* Psalm 27:4 →  "One thing I ask from the LORD, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple."

* Dwelling in the presence of the Lord should always your priority

* When you have joy, every other thing is secondary

No comments:

Post a Comment