Tuesday 22 December 2015

How to grow in Faith (5) (Pastor Ambrose Nwogu) 22-12-2015

MY SERMON NOTES
@ NDIC/DMO Chapel,
Central Business District,
Garki - Abuja
22nd December, 2015

Speaker: Pastor Ambrose Nwogu
Topic: Prevailing by faith (How to grow in Faith (5)
Text: Romans 10:17"Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ." (NIV)

* The major way to Grow in faith is by hearing God's Word

Hearing has three (3) main Components:
(a) Listening

* The object of hearing and listening is the Word of Christ

* listening entails giving your full concentration and rapt attention

 Psalm 62:11"God hath spoken once; twice have I heard this; that power belongeth unto God." (KJV)

* Luke 10:38-42"Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house. And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word. But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me. And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her."

* Listening entails sitting at the feet of the master to learn what he has to say. Nothing else matters

* In this life, so many things can encumber your life and rob you of concentrating on listening to God's Word

* One of the problems that Christians have about listening, is that, when they are hearing the word of God, they have no passion

* Whenever you hear God's Word, you must drown in what you are hearing. Soak it in

* You must listen to God's word like your life depends on it. Indeed, it does

Prayer:
Father I thank you that I have ears;
help me to utilize my ears in hearing you;
Grant me the grace to shut my ears to what the devil is saying;
Open the ears of my heart to listen to what you want me to hear from your Word

No comments:

Post a Comment